Restore a Fuller Head of Hair & Your Confidence!
According to the American Association of Dermatology, hair loss for women is common. The thinning of your hair, along with other signs, such as excessive shedding, can lead you to become worried and reduce your self-esteem. Luckily, the team at Eternal Hair and Esthetics in Totowa, New Jersey, can help restore your hair through a unique hair transplant procedure using direct follicle implants. To have a head full of luscious hair, call the office today or schedule your consultation online.
Am I a Candidate for Hair Restoration?
You may be a candidate for female hair restoration if you’ve experienced hair loss due to any of the following conditions:
- Androgenetic Alopecia: hereditary hair loss
- Alopecia Areata: autoimmune disease attacking your hair follicles
- Anagen Effluvium: sudden loss of hair in the growth phase
- Scarring alopecia: hair follicles are destroyed due to scarring
- Traction Alopecia: damaged hair follicles due to constant tension
To determine if you’re a candidate for hair restoration, the highly trained specialists at Eternal Hair and Esthetics recommend you schedule a consultation.
How Does a DFI Hair Restoration Work?
If it’s determined that you’re a candidate for hair restoration surgery, then the first step is to find an ample donor region so follicular grafts can be harvested. The specialists use the DFI innovative technique, which works by individually implanting your follicles in a specific angle, direction, and depth directly on the desired area. This is done using a specifically designed tool called the DFI implanter, which allows the team of specialists to have complete control of the process to produce natural-looking results.
Another added benefit to using the DFI method is that there’s no visual scarring on the implanted or donor area due to the strict guidelines and safety protocols followed by the certified staff at Eternal Hair and Esthetics.
After your hair restoration, full results are seen in roughly one year. If your hair is long, it might take between 18-24 months before all the hairs on your scalp match in length.
What Are the Causes of Female Hair Loss?
Female hair loss can be genetic. If your family members suffer from female pattern hair loss, you could be more susceptible to developing it. Additionally, stress and psychological trauma can lead to hair loss.
Hormone changes, such as menopause, along with changes in your androgen levels, can increase the likelihood of hair loss.
Just because your hair is thinning doesn’t mean you have to accept it. The team at Eternal Hair and Esthetics can help boost your self-confidence through a complete hair restoration. Schedule your appointment online or call the office today.
Female hair restoration can give women back their confidence after losing their battle with hair loss. With one in three women suffering from female hair loss, it’s essential to know the facts to take the right action.
Our expert team at Eternal Hair and Esthetics in Totowa, NJ, has the perfect solution for female hair loss in cutting-edge DFI (direct follicle implant) and FUE (follicular unit extraction) hair transplants, among other remedies for less severe hair loss.. At Eternal Hair and Esthetics, we will work with you to determine the best course of action for your hair loss.
What Treatment Options Do I Have For Hair Loss?
For women who embrace natural hair, Eternal Hair offers a range of treatment options for female hair loss. From medical treatments like PRP and minoxidil to surgical procedures like hair transplantation, we’re here to help you find the right solution for your needs.
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) uses your blood to stimulate hair growth. The process involves taking a little blood from your arm and separating the platelets, which contain many growth factors that stimulate the skin, muscle tissue, and hair follicles. The platelets are then injected into your scalp to promote new hair growth.
Mesotherapy is a treatment option that can stimulate blood flow in the scalp for hair growth. It’s also known as micro-needling, which uses tiny needles to inject liquid into your scalp.
Micropigmentation uses a tiny needle to implant colored pigment into the skin. The pigment is placed in a pattern that mimics natural hair growth and can be used to cover areas of baldness or thinning hair. Micropigmentation can be used on any part of your body, including your scalp, eyebrows, and lips.
Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy can treat thinning hair, hair loss, and dandruff. It involves using a device that emits red light to penetrate the scalp and stimulate hair growth. It can be a DIY procedure, but it’s essential to use the right device approved by the FDA.
Minoxidil works by helping the blood flow through your scalp and hair follicles, which helps your body produce new cells and encourages growth.
Finasteride blocks the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the hormone responsible for causing the miniaturization of hair follicles that causes hair loss. Finasteride prevents this miniaturization from happening, which means it keeps the hair.
How to Prevent Female Hair Loss
As a woman, the idea of losing your hair can be scary. All women shed some amount of hair regularly, but this should be replaced by new growth. You could suffer from female hair loss if you’re shedding more than normal or not growing back hairs as fast as they fall out.
At Eternal Hair and Esthetics, we want to help you achieve the healthy, beautiful head of hair you deserve. These tips will prevent hair thinning or loss before it happens and restore the hair you’ve already lost.
- Eat a well-balanced diet – eating foods rich in protein and vitamins can help you grow your hair back faster and strengthen your existing hair. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids will also help encourage the growth of healthy, strong hairs.
- Don’t skip the scalp massage – as you massage, you increase blood flow to the scalp by stimulating the tiny capillaries in your skin and increasing the oxygen supply.
- Stay away from chemicals and toxins – avoiding chemical-based products like hair dyes, bleaches, and relaxers is the easiest way to do this. These products can cause dryness, which leads to breakage, making it harder for your hair to grow back.
- Use high-quality shampoo and conditioner – to prevent female hair restoration, use high-quality shampoo and conditioner. Because of the scalp’s sensitivity, you should avoid using products containing sulfates and sodium chloride.
- Limit hot tools – limit the use of hot tools like hair straighteners, curling wands, and blow dryers. The heat these tools create damages your hair follicles by breaking down the protein structure of your strands.